Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Veggie Tales This Summer?

Those who know me will be able to predict my thoughts on any plan to use videos of talking vegetables as a substitute for teaching the Gospel in summer Sunday School classes.

My advice? Don't.

I'm not alone in my low opinion of the theology that underlies these videos. Check out Gene Veith's recent blog on the subject; it shares a "change of heart" from the VeggieTales creator himself.
http://www.geneveith.com/2012/06/06/veggietales-creator-repents-of-moralism/

Children do not need the Church to provide them entertainment on Sunday morning. If it is entertainment they are seeking, there are dozens of other activities they can choose from, and they often do.

How much better to invest that precious hour in teaching God's children His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment