Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanks!

Thank you, Lord, for your saints Carl and Dorothy Felten.

They "adopted" two young brothers from down the street as their personal Sunday School mission project. They provided transportation, encouragement, supervision, and not a few Dairy Queen ice cream cones to ensure that these boys had the opportunity to learn about God's Word each week. A chance to hear the Gospel.

Yes, I was one of those boys. Dorothy served as my Sunday School teacher every year it seemed to me (though that's probably just a fanciful memory) through grade school. She apparently moved up each year with my class, perhaps because I was more hindrance than help in class.

I have no doubt that, without their effort, I would not be who I am today, God's child and willing servant.

Who are you reaching out to? Who might you invite, encourage, even transport to make Sunday School possible?

God bless you as you bring His children to hear His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment